Characteristics Poponcini Bits
- Poponcini bits are characterized by having an extremely soft mouthpiece and guarantee optimal comfort for the sensitive horse's mouth.
- The shape of the mouthpiece allows a horse to close its mouth properly, which means that it will relax more quickly and be much calmer with its head and tongue.
- A Poponcini bit is formed in Italy by a metal wire, covered with plastic, and a brass bush at the ends. A non-toxic, anti-allergic silicone layer is poured over this.
- Poponcini bits made of this soft material are also called the HARMONY line.
Bits made of this type of soft material have a shorter life than bits from metal.
PLEASE NOTE: Because Poponcini bits are so soft, we can NOT give any WARRANTY on these bits!
2½ & 3 Ring Bit:
- A 2½ & 3 Ring Snaffle is also called a Pessoa bit and can be recognized by the extra rings on top and at the bottom of the regular bit rings.
- The top ring is used to attach the cheekpiece and the bottom ring the rein.
- When using the rein, the top ring will tilt forward and create leverage.
- The strength of the impact is determined by the type of mouthpiece, material and number of rings.
- A 2½ ring snaffle is therefore less effective than a 3 ring snaffle.
Straight mouthpiece features:
- A straight mouthpiece consists of 1 piece and gives pressure on the tongue, layers and lips.
- The shape and thickness of the mouthpiece determine where the pressure will be in the mouth.
- A straight mouthpiece with a tongue port gives more pressure on the layers and keeps the tongue free.
- The straighter and thicker the mouthpiece, the more pressure on the tongue.