Characteristics Poponcini Bits
- Poponcini bits are characterized by having an extremely soft mouthpiece and guarantee optimal comfort for the sensitive horse's mouth.
- The shape of the mouthpiece allows a horse to close its mouth properly, which means that it will relax more quickly and be much calmer with its head and tongue.
- A Poponcini bit is formed in Italy by a metal wire, covered with plastic, and a brass bush at the ends. A non-toxic, anti-allergic silicone layer is poured over this.
- Poponcini bits made of this soft material are also called the HARMONY line.
Bits made of this type of soft material have a shorter life than bits from metal.
PLEASE NOTE: Because Poponcini bits are so soft, we can NOT give any WARRANTY on these bits!
- A loose ring snaffle is a basic bit with loose movable bit rings and is therefore quite loose in the mouth.
- Depending on the type, thickness and material, a loose ring snaffle gets a sharper or softer effect.
- It is important that the loose ring is not too narrow, otherwise a skin from the corners of the mouth can get in between.
If your horse does have problems with this, you can use rubber bit rings if necessary.
- A loose ring snaffle is a good basic bit, suitable for many horses and riders.
Straight mouthpiece features:
- A straight mouthpiece consists of 1 piece and gives pressure on the tongue, layers and lips.
- The shape and thickness of the mouthpiece determine where the pressure will be in the mouth.
- A straight mouthpiece with a tongue port gives more pressure on the layers and keeps the tongue free.
- The straighter and thicker the mouthpiece, the more pressure on the tongue.