Double broken Pelham with Waterford in the middle.
Delivered pelham straps. You can find these with the accessories.
Not suitable for the inexperienced rider or horse.
A mouthpiece, and shanks on the side. The pelham comes with short and long shanks.
This bit can be used with 1 or 2 reins.
You can also use a pelham strap, this connect the bitring with the ring of the shank. Only one rein is used when using this strap.
The Pelham is used in combination with a curbchain.
The Pelham is not suitable for inexperienced riders or horses, this bit can work quite strongly when the leverage comes in.
Properties of a double-broken mouthpiece:
- With a double-broken mouthpiece, the accent is more on the pressure on the tongue.
- Features; waterford; mouthpiece:
- Because of the many links in this mouthpiece, the horse will not grab this mouthpiece as quickly. A disadvantage of this mouthpiece is that a connection with the mouth of the horse is more difficult to obtain. This bit works reasonably sharp.r.
. Sweet iron properties
- By contact with (air) humidity oxidizes (blue color turns into brown price) the mouthpiece. The surface rust tastes sweet and stimulates the saliva production in a natural way.
- More stimulation of saliva production, better bit acceptance.
- The orange-brown rust layer (after temporarily not using the bit) is easy to remove with a damp cloth.