- Sweet Iron bits are made of blue steel and release a sweet-tasting surface rust through contact with saliva, which stimulates the horse's saliva production in a natural way. This sweet surface rust will cause the horse to foam more and accept the bit better.
- When a Sweet Iron bit is temporarily not used, an orange-brown rust layer can form on the mouthpiece. This can be easily removed by wiping the bit with a damp cloth.
- The side pieces of a full cheek have 2 bars on the side and therefore cannot be pulled through the mouth.
- These bars create more pressure on the horse's cheeks, which makes maneuverability easier.
- A full cheek is stable and quiet in the mouth, ideal for training young horses.
- Depending on the type, thickness and material, a full cheek is given a sharper or softer effect.
Full Cheek Loops:
- To make a full cheek even more effective, a full cheek loop can be attached to the cheek piece of the bridle on either side of the bit.
- The end of the top bar is pushed through this.
- Leverage is created by using these loops.
- Prevents the bars from getting caught under the noseband of the bridle.
- A single jointed bit has a hinge point in the middle that puts pressure on the lips, layers and sides of the tongue. A single jointed bit squeezes the tongue slightly under pressure and puts less pressure on the tongue.
- A single jointed bit rises slightly in the middle and can sting the palate. In this case is it better to choose a double-jointed or straight mouthpiece.
- A single jointed bit is a good basic bit, suitable for many horses and riders.
Copper & Cherry Roller
- The mouthpiece of this bit features a series of rollers that encourage the horse to play with the bit, creating relaxation in the jaws.
- The movement of these rollers promote the production of saliva, which makes it easier to accept the bit and the horse is less suitable for grabbing the bit.
- Due to the more rounded shape of the mouthpiece, a cherry roller has a friendlier effect than the Magenis bit.
Feeling Leather Loop For Full Cheek
€2,95 Incl. tax
Sweet Iron Full Cheek Cherry Roller