- Sweet Iron bits are made of blue steel and release a sweet-tasting surface rust through contact with saliva, which stimulates the horse's saliva production in a natural way. This sweet surface rust will cause the horse to foam more and accept the bit better.
- When a Sweet Iron bit is temporarily not used, an orange-brown rust layer can form on the mouthpiece. This can be easily removed by wiping the bit with a damp cloth.
- A baby pelham is a bit with a curb chain and short shanks, which gives pressure behind the ears and creates leverage.
- A short-shanked pelham is also called baby pelham, and a long-shanked pelham is a common pelham.
- The length of the shanks and the chin strap or curb chain determine the strength of the impact.
The longer the shanks, the sharper the effect.
- A pelham can be used with 2 reins; The one rein on the top ring for a soft grip
and the other rein on the bottom ring for pelham leverage.
- You can also use one rein by means of a connecting strap (Bridge), to which the rein is attached.
- The use of a pelham makes it easier to set a horse deeply and is often used with stronger horses.
- The pelham is not suitable for inexperienced riders or horses, this bit can work quite strongly.
- A single jointed bit has a hinge point in the middle that puts pressure on the lips, layers and sides of the tongue. A single jointed bit squeezes the tongue slightly under pressure and puts less pressure on the tongue.
- A single jointed bit rises slightly in the middle and can sting the palate. In this case is it better to choose a double-jointed or straight mouthpiece.
- A single jointed bit is a good basic bit, suitable for many horses and riders.
Copper & Cherry Roller
- The mouthpiece of this bit features a series of rollers that encourage the horse to play with the bit, creating relaxation in the jaws.
- The movement of these rollers promote the production of saliva, which makes it easier to accept the bit and the horse is less suitable for grabbing the bit.
- Due to the more rounded shape of the mouthpiece, a cherry roller has a friendlier effect than the Magenis bit.
€14,95 Incl. tax