- A loose ring snaffle is a basic bit with loose movable bit rings and is therefore quite loose in the mouth.
- Depending on the type, thickness and material, a loose ring snaffle gets a sharper or softer effect.
- It is important that the loose ring is not too narrow, otherwise a skin from the corners of the mouth can get in between.
If your horse does have problems with this, you can use rubber bit rings if necessary.
- A loose ring snaffle is a good basic bit, suitable for many horses and riders.
Double Jointed, Elliptical
- The double Jointed mouthpiece consists of 3 parts.
- The middle part of this mouthpiece lies flat on the tongue and will put more pressure on the tongue than a single jointed mouthpiece.
- The thicker the middle part, the more pressure on the tongue.