Kimblewick - Kimberwick.
- A kimblewick is a hanging D with a curb chain that acts like a pelham with a milder effect and is used with one rein.
- This side piece has 2 slots for attaching a rein. The lower the rein, the greater the leverage and the sharper the bit.
- The kimblewick is used in combination with a curb strap or curb chain.
- The kimblewick gives the rider more control over the horse than a standard sidepiece.
Straight mouthpiece features:
- A straight mouthpiece often has a sharper effect than a single or double jointed mouthpiece. The shape of the mouthpiece determines where the pressure will be in the mouth. A straight mouthpiece with tongue port puts more pressure on the layers and keeps the tongue free. The straighter and thicker the mouthpiece, the more pressure on the tongue.
Sam Marsh mouthpiece features:
This bit is placed flat in the horse's mouth and turns 90 degrees. This improves the fixation in the horse's mouth and thus the comfort, making the horse lighter in the hand.
By Sam Marsh 08 / Nov / 2021
I was named after this Kimblewick, I love horses shoutouts 5*