Features leather mouthpiece:
- Leather bits have the property that it becomes softer when it gets wet due to the saliva in the horse's mouth. This, in combination with the taste of the leather, makes the bit particularly suitable for horses with a sensitive mouth.
- Leather bits with a metal core are standard bits covered with leather and not flexible.
- Leather bits from Trust have a flexible nylon core that molds to the horse's mouth and is therefore softer.
- Regular lubrication with butter prevents drying and keeps the leather supple.
- A loose ring snaffle is a basic bit with loose movable bit rings and is therefore quite loose in the mouth.
- Depending on the type, thickness and material, a loose ring snaffle gets a sharper or softer effect.
- It is important that the loose ring is not too narrow, otherwise a skin from the corners of the mouth can get in between.
If your horse does have problems with this, you can use rubber bit rings if necessary.
- A loose ring snaffle is a good basic bit, suitable for many horses and riders.
- A single jointed bit has a hinge point in the middle that puts pressure on the layers, lips and sides of the tongue. A single jointed bit squeezes the tongue slightly under pressure and puts less pressure on the tongue.
- The hinge point rises slightly in the middle and can sting the palate. In this case is it better to choose a double-jointed or straight mouthpiece.
- A single jointed bit is a good basic bit, suitable for many horses and riders.
- The mouthpiece of a pinchless bit has an internal sleeve, which allows the bit to rotate in the middle.
- This allows each side of the bit to work independently without changing the position of the bit.
- With a Pinchless mouthpiece it is possible to work in on one side without disturbing the horse's mouth on the other side.
- A Pinchless bit does not press or pinch in the horse's mouth and is very comfortable.
- Horses are more likely to accept the bit.
- A Pinchless bit is therefore horse-friendly
Loose Ring "Pinchless" Covered With Leather, 17mm