Kimblewick - Kimberwick.
- A kimblewick is a hanging D with a curb chain that acts like a pelham with a milder effect and is used with one rein.
- This side piece has 2 slots for attaching a rein. The lower the rein, the greater the leverage and the sharper the bit.
- The kimblewick is used in combination with a curb strap or curb chain.
- The kimblewick gives the rider more control over the horse than a standard sidepiece.
- A single jointed bit has a hinge point in the middle that puts pressure on the lips, layers and sides of the tongue. A single jointed bit squeezes the tongue slightly under pressure and puts less pressure on the tongue.
- A single jointed bit rises slightly in the middle and can sting the palate. In this case is it better to choose a double-jointed or straight mouthpiece.
- A single jointed bit is a good basic bit, suitable for many horses and riders.
Kimblewick Single Jointed 13mm