Features leather mouthpiece:
- Leather bits have the property that it becomes softer when it gets wet due to the saliva in the horse's mouth. This, in combination with the taste of the leather, makes the bit particularly suitable for horses with a sensitive mouth.
- Leather bits with a metal core are standard bits covered with leather and not flexible.
- Leather bits from Trust have a flexible nylon core that molds to the horse's mouth and is therefore softer.
- Regular lubrication with butter prevents drying and keeps the leather supple.
- As the name implies, the side pieces of a D-snaffle have the shape of a D and therefore cannot be easily pulled through the mouth.
- Because of this D shape, more pressure is obtained on the horse's cheeks, which makes maneuverability easier.
- This makes the D-snaffle a nice bit for teaching young horses.
- Depending on the type, thickness and material, a D-bit gets a sharper or softer effect.
Double Jointed - Elliptical
- The double Jointed mouthpiece consists of 3 parts.
- The middle part of this mouthpiece lies flat on the tongue and will put more pressure on the tongue than a single jointed mouthpiece.
- The thicker the middle part, the more pressure on the tongue.
D-Bit With Tongue Port Covered With Leather