- Konnex bits are made of an approved refined plastic that does not cause friction in the horse's mouth, even in horses with little saliva.
- Konnex bits are flatter than the average plastic bits and therefore lie comfortably in the horse's mouth.
- The Konnex tongue port not only gives more room at the tongue, but also lies flatter on the tongue part, so that the rein pressure is distributed over a wider part of the tongue.
- Konnex bits are ideally suited for horses with little space in the mouth and horses that cannot tolerate too much pressure on the tongue.
- A loose ring snaffle is a basic bit with loose movable bit rings and is therefore quite loose in the mouth.
- Depending on the type, thickness and material, a loose ring snaffle gets a sharper or softer effect.
- It is important that the loose ring is not too narrow, otherwise a skin from the corners of the mouth can get in between.
If your horse does have problems with this, you can use rubber bit rings if necessary.
- A loose ring snaffle is a good basic bit, suitable for many horses and riders.
Straight mouthpiece features:
- A straight mouthpiece consists of 1 piece and gives pressure on the tongue, layers and lips.
- The shape and thickness of the mouthpiece determine where the pressure will be in the mouth.
- A straight mouthpiece with a tongue port gives more pressure on the layers and keeps the tongue free.
- The straighter and thicker the mouthpiece, the more pressure on the tongue.
Konnex Loose Ring Tongue Port, Hard