- Konnex bits are made of an approved refined plastic that does not cause friction in the horse's mouth, even in horses with little saliva.
- Konnex bits are flatter than the average plastic bits and therefore lie comfortably in the horse's mouth.
- The Konnex tongue port not only gives more room at the tongue, but also lies flatter on the tongue part, so that the rein pressure is distributed over a wider part of the tongue.
- Konnex bits are ideally suited for horses with little space in the mouth and horses that cannot tolerate too much pressure on the tongue.
- As the name implies, the side pieces of a D-snaffle have the shape of a D and therefore cannot be easily pulled through the mouth.
- Because of this D shape, more pressure is obtained on the horse's cheeks, which makes maneuverability easier.
- This makes the D-snaffle a nice bit for teaching young horses.
- Depending on the type, thickness and material, a D-bit gets a sharper or softer effect.
Straight mouthpiece features:
- A straight mouthpiece consists of 1 piece and gives pressure on the tongue, layers and lips.
- The shape and thickness of the mouthpiece determine where the pressure will be in the mouth.
- A straight mouthpiece with a tongue port gives more pressure on the layers and keeps the tongue free.
- The straighter and thicker the mouthpiece, the more pressure on the tongue.