- Konnex bits are made of an approved refined plastic that does not cause friction in the horse's mouth, even in horses with little saliva.
- Konnex bits are flatter than the average plastic bits and therefore lie comfortably in the horse's mouth.
- The Konnex tongue port not only gives more room at the tongue, but also lies flatter on the tongue part, so that the rein pressure is distributed over a wider part of the tongue.
- Konnex bits are ideally suited for horses with little space in the mouth and horses that cannot tolerate too much pressure on the tongue.
2½ & 3 Ring Bit:
- A 2½ & 3 Ring Snaffle is also called a Pessoa bit and can be recognized by the extra rings on top and at the bottom of the regular bit rings.
- The top ring is used to attach the cheekpiece and the bottom ring the rein.
- When using the rein, the top ring will tilt forward and create leverage.
- The strength of the impact is determined by the type of mouthpiece, material and number of rings.
- A 2½ ring snaffle is therefore less effective than a 3 ring snaffle.
Straight mouthpiece features:
- A straight mouthpiece consists of 1 piece and gives pressure on the tongue, layers and lips.
- The shape and thickness of the mouthpiece determine where the pressure will be in the mouth.
- A straight mouthpiece with a tongue port gives more pressure on the layers and keeps the tongue free.
- The straighter and thicker the mouthpiece, the more pressure on the tongue.
Konnex 2½ Ring Tongue Port, Soft