Characteristics Poponcini Bits
- Poponcini bits are characterized by having an extremely soft mouthpiece and guarantee optimal comfort for the sensitive horse's mouth.
- The shape of the mouthpiece allows a horse to close its mouth properly, which means that it will relax more quickly and be much calmer with its head and tongue.
- A Poponcini bit is formed in Italy by a metal wire, covered with plastic, and a brass bush at the ends. A non-toxic, anti-allergic silicone layer is poured over this.
- Poponcini bits made of this soft material are also called the HARMONY line.
Bits made of this type of soft material have a shorter life than bits from metal.
PLEASE NOTE: Because Poponcini bits are so soft, we can NOT give any WARRANTY on these bits!
Description of baby pelham:
- A baby pelham is a bit with a curb chain and short shanks, which gives pressure behind the ears and creates leverage.
- A short-shanked pelham is also called baby pelham, and a long-shanked pelham is a common pelham.
- The length of the shanks and the chin strap or curb chain determine the strength of the impact.
The longer the shanks, the sharper the effect.
- A pelham can be used with 2 reins; The one rein on the top ring for a soft grip
and the other rein on the bottom ring for pelham leverage.
- You can also use one rein by means of a connecting strap (Bridge), to which the rein is attached.
- The use of a pelham makes it easier to set a horse deeply and is often used with stronger horses.
- The pelham is not suitable for inexperienced riders or horses, this bit can work quite strongly.
Straight mouthpiece features:
- A straight mouthpiece consists of 1 piece and gives pressure on the tongue, layers and lips.
- The shape and thickness of the mouthpiece determine where the pressure will be in the mouth.
- A straight mouthpiece with a tongue port gives more pressure on the layers and keeps the tongue free.
- The straighter and thicker the mouthpiece, the more pressure on the tongue.