Swales Bit, 3-in-1 pelham
- A swales bit is also called a Pluko Bit and has the effect of a double bridle, but is less complicated.
- The Swales has loose movable rings over the mouthpiece for attaching the cheek pieces and does not exert pressure behind the ears, emphasizing the action on the shanks and causing leverage.
- The longer the shanks, the greater the leverage.
- The Swales 3 in 1 pelham provides greater leverage than a traditional pelham and is used in combination with a curb chain or chin strap.
- The Swales 3 in 1 pelham is designed to provide control for strong horses that tend to hang on the hand.
- A Swales bit can be used with 2 reins, one rein on the loose rings for a soft support and the other rein on the bottom ring for leverage, or with one rein by means of a connection strap (Bridge).
- The Swales 3 in 1 pelham is not suitable for inexperienced riders or horses, this bit can work quite strongly.
- A straight mouthpiece consists of 1 piece and gives pressure on the tongue, layers and lips.
- The shape and thickness of the mouthpiece determine where the pressure will be in the mouth.
- A straight mouthpiece with a tongue port gives more pressure on the layers and keeps the tongue free.
- The straighter and thicker the mouthpiece, the more pressure on the tongue.