Features leather mouthpiece:
- Leather bits have the property that it becomes softer when it gets wet due to the saliva in the horse's mouth. This, in combination with the taste of the leather, makes the bit particularly suitable for horses with a sensitive mouth.
- Leather bits with a metal core are standard bits covered with leather and not flexible.
- Leather bits from Jump'in have a flexible nylon core that molds to the horse's mouth and is therefore softer.
- Regular lubrication with butter prevents drying and keeps the leather supple.
2½ & 3 Ring Bit
- A 2½ & 3 Ring Snaffle is also called a Pessoa bit and can be recognized by the extra rings on top and at the bottom of the regular bit rings.
- The top ring is used to attach the cheekpiece and the bottom ring the rein.
- When using the rein, the top ring will tilt forward and create leverage.
- The strength of the impact is determined by the type of mouthpiece, material and number of rings.
- A 2½ ring snaffle is therefore less effective than a 3 ring snaffle.
Straight mouthpiece features:
- A straight mouthpiece consists of 1 piece and gives pressure on the tongue, layers and lips.
- The shape and thickness of the mouthpiece determine where the pressure will be in the mouth.
- A straight mouthpiece with a tongue port gives more pressure on the layers and keeps the tongue free.
- The straighter and thicker the mouthpiece, the more pressure on the tongue.
3 Ring Covered In Leather