Features leather mouthpiece:
- Leather bits have the property that it becomes softer when it gets wet due to the saliva in the horse's mouth. This, in combination with the taste of the leather, makes the bit particularly suitable for horses with a sensitive mouth.
- Leather bits with a metal core are standard bits covered with leather and not flexible.
- Leather bits from Trust have a flexible nylon core that molds to the horse's mouth and is therefore softer.
- Regular lubrication with butter prevents drying and keeps the leather supple.
- A loose ring snaffle is a basic bit with loose movable bit rings and is therefore quite loose in the mouth.
- Depending on the type, thickness and material, a loose ring snaffle gets a sharper or softer effect.
- It is important that the loose ring is not too narrow, otherwise a skin from the corners of the mouth can get in between.
If your horse does have problems with this, you can use rubber bit rings if necessary.
- A loose ring snaffle is a good basic bit, suitable for many horses and riders.
Straight mouthpiece features:
- A straight mouthpiece consists of 1 piece and gives pressure on the tongue, layers and lips.
- The shape and thickness of the mouthpiece determine where the pressure will be in the mouth.
- A straight mouthpiece with a tongue port gives more pressure on the layers and keeps the tongue free.
- The straighter and thicker the mouthpiece, the more pressure on the tongue.
Trust Rubber Bit Rings Small
€3,50 Incl. tax
Rubber bitring guards with velcro closure
€5,00 Incl. tax
Acavallo Gel Bit Guards
€19,95 Incl. tax
Acavallo Contoured Gel Bit Guards
€14,95 Incl. tax
Loose Ring covered in leather