Features leather mouthpiece:
- Leather bits have the property that it becomes softer when it gets wet due to the saliva in the horse's mouth. This, in combination with the taste of the leather, makes the bit particularly suitable for horses with a sensitive mouth.
- Leather bits with a metal core are standard bits covered with leather and not flexible.
- Leather bits from Trust have a flexible nylon core that molds to the horse's mouth and is therefore softer.
- Regular lubrication with butter prevents drying and keeps the leather supple.
- A Curb Gag is a kind of gag with the curb gag cord through the bit and behind the chin.
- At the bottom of this curb gag cord is a ring to which the rein is attached.
- When taking the reins, the bit slides up into the mouth and puts pressure on the lower jaw / chin.
- This bit is not suitable for inexperienced riders.
Straight mouthpiece features:
- A straight mouthpiece consists of 1 piece and gives pressure on the tongue, layers and lips.
- The shape and thickness of the mouthpiece determine where the pressure will be in the mouth.
- A straight mouthpiece with a tongue port gives more pressure on the layers and keeps the tongue free.
- The straighter and thicker the mouthpiece, the more pressure on the tongue.