Myler Level 1
- Level 1 bits from Myler have a forward curved mouthpiece with little tongue freedom.
- Gives more pressure on the tongue than on the layers.
- Young horses that are being trained.
- Horses that are just in training.
- Horses that have not been under saddle for a long time.
- A loose ring snaffle is a basic bit with loose movable bit rings and is therefore quite loose in the mouth.
- Depending on the type, thickness and material, a loose ring snaffle gets a sharper or softer effect.
- It is important that the loose ring is not too narrow, otherwise a skin from the corners of the mouth can get in between.
If your horse does have problems with this, you can use rubber bit rings if necessary.
- A loose ring snaffle is a good basic bit, suitable for many horses and riders.