Features leather mouthpiece:
- Leather bits have the property that it becomes softer when it gets wet due to the saliva in the horse's mouth. This, in combination with the taste of the leather, makes the bit particularly suitable for horses with a sensitive mouth.
- Leather bits with a metal core are standard bits covered with leather and not flexible.
- Leather bits from Trust have a flexible nylon core that molds to the horse's mouth and is therefore softer.
- Regular lubrication with butter prevents drying and keeps the leather supple.
- A gag bit is used with cheek pieces for a gag bit that pass through the rings of the bit and are attached to the headpiece of the bridle.
- At the bottom of this retrieval cord is a ring to which the rein is attached. When taking the reins, the bit slides up in the mouth and gives pressure behind the ears.
- The gag snaffle is designed to stimulate the horse to raise its head and is often used on horses that "lean".
- A gag snaffle can be used with 1 or 2 reins
- This bit is not suitable for inexperienced riders and horse.
- A single jointed bit has a hinge point in the middle that puts pressure on the layers, lips and sides of the tongue. A single jointed bit squeezes the tongue slightly under pressure and puts less pressure on the tongue.
- The hinge point rises slightly in the middle and can sting the palate. In this case is it better to choose a double-jointed or straight mouthpiece.
- A single jointed bit is a good basic bit, suitable for many horses and riders.
- The mouthpiece of a pinchless bit has an internal sleeve, which allows the bit to rotate in the middle.
- This allows each side of the bit to work independently without changing the position of the bit.
- With a Pinchless mouthpiece it is possible to work in on one side without disturbing the horse's mouth on the other side.
- A Pinchless bit does not press or pinch in the horse's mouth and is very comfortable.
- Horses are more likely to accept the bit.
- A Pinchless bit is therefore horse-friendly
Full Cheek Gag "Pinchless" Covered With Leather, 17mm